Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wedding Cupcakes

Christy and JT got married on 11/11/11 and asked me to make cupcakes for the wedding. 
Of course I had to give them a cupcake tasting day:


On the menu: yellow cake with custard filling, yellow cake with chocolate filling, white cake with strawberry mascarpone filling (all with buttercream frosting), and a chocolate chocolate chip cupcake with ganache.
I needed ideas for cupcake toppers. I had NEVER dealt with Royal Icing before this so I needed practice. I printed out a flower font for a template and traced over wax paper. My practice flowers:


Now for their big day I stayed with the flowers but added their initials in turquoise for the strawberry filled ones to differentiate.


How they looked displayed:




I absolutely loved being able to contribute to their wedding day!



No comments:

Post a Comment